Olive oil can be an exciting ingredient to work with in a cocktail, both for its taste and for its texture. The aromatic profiles of an extra virgin olive oil are multiple and influence its application. One can thus create astonishing combinations and exploit infinite aromatic subtleties. For this recipe, we used Maison Orphée's balanced organic extra virgin olive oil, which has a delicate aroma of tomato stalks and a velvety taste of ripe olives. Its bitterness is marked potent, but its pungency is moderate; hence its name “balanced”.
- 1 oz coffee (espresso)
- 5 oz HP alcohol-free juniper gin
- 1 teaspoon of organic extra virgin olive oil – Balanced, Maison Orphée
- 1 teaspoon olive brine
- 1642 Tonic
- Garnish: Green olive
- Pour all the ingredients into a shaker except the 1642 Tonic.
- Fill the shaker with ice then shake vigorously.
- Strain into a glass over ice.
- Lengthen with 1642 Tonic.
- Garnish with an olive