The Gunga Din is a cocktail flavored with cardamom, an Indian spice, and it bears this name in homage to the poem of the same name written by Rudyard Kipling, English writer, in 1892. The poem is a story in praise of a servant Indian despised by the English soldiers whom he nevertheless serves with dedication, even giving his life to save one of them during a fight.
- In a shaker: place 3-4 pieces of cardamom and crush them with a pestle to release all the aromas.
- Add ice cubes, simple syrup, lime juice, pineapple juice and gin.
- Shake the shaker for 10-15 seconds to cool the cocktail and pour through a double filter (use a fine strainer to catch the grains) into a Tiki glass filled with crushed ice.
- Lengthen the cocktail with 1642 Light Tonic.
- Garnish with a slice of dehydrated pineapple.