- 4 bottles of 1642 Ginger
- ½ kg (3 lb) ready-to-eat ham
- 1 C. mustard powder
- 1 C. table brown sugar
- ½ tsp. ground cloves
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 onion, sliced
- Salt and pepper to your liking
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C).
- In a shallow dish, arrange the sliced onion then place the ham on them, fat side up.
- Sprinkle the ham with mustard and cloves
- Mix the 1642 Ginger, the maple syrup and coat the ham.
- Place the ham in the oven for about 1 hour, basting it every 10 to 15 minutes with its cooking juices using a large spoon.
- If the ham cooks too quickly, loosely cover it with foil.
- Let stand 15 minutes before slicing.