Olive oil can be an exciting ingredient to work with in a cocktail, both for its taste and for its texture. The aromatic profiles of extra virgin olive oil are multifaceted and influence its application. One can thus create astonishing combinations and exploit infinite aromatic subtleties. For this recipe, we used Maison Orphée's balanced organic extra virgin olive oil, which has a delicate aroma of tomato stalk and a velvety taste of ripe olives. Its bitterness is markedly strong, but its pungency is moderate; hence its name “balanced”.
- 1642 Tonic
- 1 oz coffee (espresso)
- 5 oz HP alcohol-free juniper gin
- 1 teaspoon of organic extra virgin olive oil – Balanced, Maison Orphée
- 1 teaspoon olive brine
- Garnish: Green olive
- Ice cubes
- Pour all the ingredients into a shaker except the 1642 Tonic
- Fill the shaker with ice cubes then shake vigorously
- Strain into a glass filled with ice cubes
- Lengthen with Tonic 1642.
- Garnish with an olive
Recipe: Max Coubes