Here is the Plateau Martini, a twist on the classic French Martini that uses gin rather than vodka and tonic rather than pineapple, ingredients that are very Quebecois. A fresh and powerful cocktail, slightly bitter, where notes of citrus and candied fruit dominate the palate, with a delicate floral finish.
- 2 oz of Fou Gin
- ½ oz red vermouth
- 4-5 fresh blackberries
- ½ oz grapefruit juice
- ¼ oz lime juice
- A dash of egg white
- A few drops of floral bitters (optional)
- 1½ oz of 1642 elderflower tonic.
- Ice cubes
- Crush the blackberries in a shaker with the vermouth
- Add all the ingredients except the 1642 elderflower tonic
- Shake without ice cubes ( dry shake ) to emulsify the egg white
- Add ice cubes and shake again
- Add the 1642 elderflower tonic directly into the shaker and mix gently with a spoon
- Double filter everything in a coupette glass
- Garnish with some blackberries.
Recipe: Fou gin