Refreshing and very light Vinho Verde Aveleda, a white wine from Portugal, brings such a fresh and summery side to this cocktail. The flavor of this sangria is fruity without being too sweet. It practically drinks itself!
Photo by Emmanuelle Ricard / Madame Gin
Carafe version for 4 people
- 6 oz of Rosemont Madame Gin
- 6 oz Aveleda Vinho Verde
- 4 oz grapefruit zest syrup (see recipe) or available at the grocery store: pink grapefruit syrup.
- 4 oz lemon juice
- 1 bottle of 275ml 1642 Yuzu
- Grapefruit slices and clementine slices
Half fill a carafe with ice cubes. Decorate the carafe with grapefruit and clementine slices by placing (sticking) the slices on the inside walls of the carafe.
Pour in the gin, the Vinho Verde Aveleda, the grapefruit zest syrup, and the fresh lemon juice. Mix gently with a large spoon.
Lengthen with 1642 Yuzu
Version by the glass for 1 person
- 1 ½ oz of Rosemont Madame Gin
- 1 oz Aveleda vinho verde
- 1/2 oz grapefruit zest syrup ( see recipe ) or available at the grocery store
- 1 oz lemon juice
- 1642 Yuzu
- ½ slice of grapefruit and 1 slice of clementine.
In a glass filled with ice cubes, pour the gin, Vinho Verde Aveleda, grapefruit zest syrup, and lemon juice.
Gently stir with a spoon, then dilute with 1642 yuzu.
Garnish with the ½ slice of grapefruit and the slice of clementine.
Recipe: Marc-Antoine Raymond